Breathe California Golden Gate and CVS Health present…
“Be The First” PSA/Video Contest
2018 Submissions now open!
Breathe California Golden Gate is looking for students in middle and high schools to make an original anti-tobacco / nicotine Public Service Announcement (PSA) around the theme of “Be The First”, or more specifically, “What would it be like if your generation was the first to be tobacco-free?”
Other suggested topics may include:
- E-cigarettes/ vaping, hookah, cigarillos and any emerging form of tobacco
- Influence of smoking in movies
- Tobacco industry targeting of youth
- Flavored tobacco, including menthol
- Making healthy decisions about tobacco
- Secondhand smoke from any tobacco product
PSAs should be exactly 30 or 60 seconds in length.
Winning PSAs will be featured at the Clear The Air Film Fest on April 7, 2018 at the New People Cinema in San Francisco.
- 1st place High School winner: $300
- 1st place Youth winner: $300
If you meet all of the requirements outlined in the Criteria, please follow the guidelines below for submitting your PSA to the Film Fest.
PSAs should be uploaded to YouTube (or the video sharing site of your choice) and the URL should be submitted on the entry form below.
If you do not wish to upload your PSA to YouTube, films may also be submitted on a disc or thumb drive in one of the following formats: MPEG4, MOV, AVI, MPEGPS, WMV, FLV. Discs and drives must be mailed to:
ATTN: Clear The Air Film Fest
1 Sutter Street, Suite 225
San Francisco, CA 94104
Mailed materials must be received by Friday, March 2, 2018 at 5 pm. Unfortunately mailed materials cannot be returned.
- If you have difficulty viewing or submitting this form, please click here to download the hard copy form.
- If you are under 18, please click here to download the Parent Permission Form, and have a parent or guardian fill it in and sign it.
Submit the completed form by emailing a scanned version to Breathe California at PSAcontest@ggbreathe.org or mail to the address above.